Apart from from this article, also listen to the following Audio Lectures:
1) Namaz Ki Sunnatain by Hazrat Maulana Mehboob Elahi Sahab Db
Sunnahs of Qiyaam
1. At the time of saying Takbeer-e- Tahreema (i.e. Allahu Akbar) the back must be upright. The head should not be bent downwards.
2. The feet should be placed four fingers apart (Tahtaawi pg.143).The toes should be facing towards the Qibla.
Note: Certain Fuqaha (Jurists) have mentioned that keeping the feet at a distance of four fingers is Mustahab. However, in fiqh (Jurisprudence), the word Mustahab is used for Sunnat and vice versa.
3. The Muqtadees (followers) should raise their hands to say Takbeer-e- Tahreema together with the Imaam.
Note: If the Muqtadee’s Takbeer-e- Tahreema ends before the Imaam his following will not be correct.
4. At the time of saying Takbeer-e- Tahreema both hands should be raised upto the ears.
5. The palm of the hands should be facing the Qibla at the time of Takbeer
6. The fingers should be in their natural position at the time of Takbeer i.e. neither spread out nor tightly closed.
7. When folding the hands, the palm of the right hand should be placed on the back of the left palm.
8. The small finger and the thumb of the right hand should form a circle around the wrist of the left hand.
9. The middle three fingers should be placed flat over the forearm.
10. One should position the hands below the navel.
11. It is Sunnat to recite the Thana.
Source: Beautiful Sunnahs of Beloved Nabi SAW
Author: Aarif Billah Hazrat Maulana Shah Hakeem Muhammad Akhtar Sahab Db