Azan e Fajr by Moazzin Tahir Sahab Db at Khanqah Imdadiya Ashrafiya, Karachi
Note: Sunnah is to do Istikhara yourself. We do not perform Istikhara for others.
Listen to a detailed Audio Lecture on the Sunnah of Istikhaara,
Istikhara ki Haqeeqat by Hazrat Maulana Mehboob Elahi Sahab Db
The Sunnah of Istikharah
Rasulullah () once remarked to Anas () “O Anas! When you are undecided with regards to any matter, then seek counsel from your Rabb and do this seven times. Thereafter, whatever decision prevails in your heart regard it to be beneficial.” (Shaami-Vol.1, pg. 507)
Note: It is not necessary that one sees a dream or hears a voice. Asking another person to make Istikhaarah on one’s behalf is not substantiated from any hadith. To make Mashwarah (consultation) with someone else is Sunnat.
It has been mentioned in the hadith that whomsoever makes Mashwarah will never regret and whomsoever makes Istikhaarah will never be unsuccessful.
If one does not get the opportunity to perform Salaatul Istikhaarah and needs to make Istikhaarah urgently, then reciting the dua of Istikhaarah only will suffice. If one has not learnt the dua of Istikhaarah then one should recite this concise dua:
Detailed Dua of Istikhara
Trans: O Allah, I ask you of good through Your knowledge, and ability through Your power, and beg (Your favour) out of your infinite bounty. For surely You have power, I have none. You know all, I know not. You are the great knower of all unseen things.
O Allah, if in Your knowledge this matter is good for my faith, for my livelihood, and for the consequences of my affairs then ordain it for me and make it easy for me and bless me there in. But, if in Your knowledge this matter is bad for my faith, for my livelihood, and for the consequences of my affairs, then turn it away from me, and turn me away from it and ordain for me the good wherever it be, and cause me to be pleased therewith.
After having recited this dua, adopt that aspect towards which the heart is inclined.
Sunnahs of Azaan and Iqaamah – Part 1
1. It is Sunnat to face the Qibla while saying the Azaan and Iqaamah.
2. It is Sunnat to say the Azaan with pauses after each phrase while the Sunnat methodof Iqaamah is to say it quickly.
5. In the Azaan of Fajar when the Muazzin calls out:
Sunnahs When Treating And Visiting The Sick–Part 2
6. To console the patient in any way possible is Sunnat. For example one should say to him that Insha- Allah you will recover very quickly, Allah Ta’ala is the Most Powerful. One should not say such things which will instil fear in the sick person.
Trans: I ask Allah Ta’ala who is All Powerful and the Lord of the Great Throne that He grants you recovery. Rasulullah () has stated that by reading this dua seven times the sick person will be cured. However, if the time of his death has approached than nothing can delay that.
Sunnahs When Treating And Visiting The Sick–Part 1
1. It is Sunnat to take medication and undergo treatment during an illness. However, one should depend only on Allah Ta’ala for the cure.
2. It is Sunnat to treat an illness with kalunji (black seed ) and honey. (Bukhari- chapter on medicine) Rasulullah () said that Allah has placed cure in these two things. There are many Ahadith narrated in praise of kalunji and honey.
3. During treatment one should avoid those things which aggravate the illness.
5. After visiting the sick it is Sunnat to leave quickly (Mishkaat). It should not happen that the patient or his family is inconvenienced in any way by your remaining there for a long time.