By Aarif Billah Hazrat Maulana Shah Hakeem Muhammad Akhtar Sahab R.A
Shaykh ul Arab wal Ajam Arif Billah Hazrat Maulana Shah Hakeem Muhammad Akhtar Sahab R.A passed away on 23 Rajab 1434 (02-June-2013) immediately after Maghrib salah in Khanqah Imdadia Ashrafiya, Karachi.
إِنَّا لِلّهِ وَإِنَّا إِلَيْهِ رَاجِعونَ
The funeral prayers (Namaz e Janazah) of Hazrat Wala R.A were offered in Jamia Ashraf ul Madaris, Gulistan e Jauhar, Karachi lead by Hazrat Maulana Mazhar Sahab Db (the only son of Hazrat Wala R.A) and attended by thousands of Ulama, Mashaikh, Madrasa Students, Murideen and common people from all walks of life. Hazrat was laid to rest in a graveyard near Jamia Ashraf ul Madaris.
Below is the scanned version of the final will (wasiyyat) of Hazrat Wala R.A. written by himself in the year 1999. It has also been translated in English language for the benefit of our readers.
You can also listen to the audio version of Hazrat’s wasiyyat read out by Hazrat Feroz Memon Sahab Db (Khalifa of Hazrat Wala R.A) in Urdu shortly after Hazrat Wala R.A. passed away.
- Hazrat Wala R.A. Ki Wasiyyat (After Maghrib)
- Hazrat Wala R.A Ki Wasiyyat Aur Zaruri Masail ki Wazaahat (After Isha)
Arif Billah Hazrat Maulana Shah Hakeem Muhammad Akhtar Sahab R.A.
Dated: 20th Rabi-ul-Awwal 1420 | 5th July 1999
1. Alhamdulillah, this servant has not left behind any outstanding debts.
2. I have made Maulana Mazhar Sahab the owner of all the items that I am currently using. Maulana Mazhar Saheb has loaned these items to me, hence I am using them. The laws of inheritance will not apply to these items. Maulana Mazhar Saheb is also the owner of the blessed frames that are on the walls (of the Khanqah) and the same ruling will apply to these items as explained above.
3. The bags of cash that are labelled “gifts of the servant (i.e. Hadrat Wala)” will be distributed according to the Shari’ee law of inheritance. My sons will receive two shares each and my daughter will receive one share. The Shari’ee law of inheritance will also apply to my money that is kept by Sayyid Ishrat Jameel, after discharging the Fidya of the Salaah and Fasts that are outstanding.
4. I make a Wasiyyat (bequest) for myself, family members, and close associates that every moment of one’s life should be sacrificed in pleasing Allah and one should not displease Allah for a single moment by indulging in any form of Haraam. If one commits an error, then please Allah by repenting, seeking forgiveness and crying before Allah.
5. One should always remain in the companionship of the pious, and one should always be under the guidance of such a Sheikh with whom he is compatible.
5. Remain in close companionship of the pious throughout your lives and always remain under the guidance of a pious Shaikh with whom you’re compatible.
6. Adopt extreme piety in financial matters and always refer to the Muftis in issues pertaining to the Masaa’il of Shariah.
7. Always make effort in propagating my publications so that I may continue reaping the rewards, and my children should spend their entire lives in the service of Deen. And in business, give preference to the selling of books and keep the selling of medication as a secondary business.
8. Bury me in the same town where I pass away.
9. Make a habit of reciting Surah Ikhlaas thrice and passing over (eesaal e sawab) the rewards to my soul, and seeking forgiveness on my behalf.
10. My funeral prayers (Namaz e Janazah) should be lead by Maulana Mazhar Sahab.
11.The Janazah should be buried as soon as possible. The chest should face towards the Qibla in the grave in accordance to Sunnah, and abstain from the custom of exposing my face to the people.
A seeker asked the following question to Aarif Billah Shaykh Ul Arab Wal Ajam Hazrat e Aqdas Maulana Shah Hakeem Muhammad Akhtar Sahab Db.
Source: Solution to Spiritual Maladies for the Lovers of Allah(SWT) (A collection of the letters written to Hazrat Wala Db by seekers of Allah(SWT) and their responses by Hazrat Wala Db)