Audio Bayan: Namazio Kay 3 Gunah
Since we have been receiving a lot of queries on the importance of Shab e Barat, its status in Islam and how to make full use of it, therefore a brief post is being added that will list the Do’s and Dont’s of Shab e Barat in the light of Sunnah.
For detailed references on each of the points mentioned below, you may refer to the following links:
2) Shab e Baraat Kay Aamaal (Short Audio – Hazrat Maulana Hakeem Akhtar Sahab RA)
1) 15th Night of Shaban or Shab e Barat, as it is known, is one of the blessed nights in the Islamic calender.
2) Make sure that you offer all the prayers in the masjid with Jamat. (This should be done on other days as well)
3) Make use of this blessed night by involving your self in individual nafl prayers. That includes recitation of quran, any zikr, nafl salah and most importantly, Dua!
4) Make as much dua as possible for the Ummah and for yourself.
5) There is no fixed or particular prayer for this night therefore stay away from any such gatherings where Nafl prayers are being offerd in Jamat. Allah(SWT) has granted us this night to get in touch with him personally and individually. We should value this opportunity and avoid gatherings.
6) It is not mandatory at all to stay up the whole night. Pray as much as you can conveniently. After that go to sleep and make sure you offer Fajr Salah in time in the Masjid.
7) You may also visit the graves of your loved ones, as it was done by our beloved Prophet(SAW) as well. However, it is not mandatory. Also, keeping in mind the sort of gatherings that take place at graveyards in these nights, it is sometimes better not to visit as one might get involved in sins.
8 ) Dua is the true essense of this night. Involve yourself in as much dua as you can
1) Stay away from Bidat (innovations in religion that are not proven from the Prophet or his Sahaba). Stick to the simple straight path, i-e the Sunnah.
2) Shab e Baraat has nothing to do with Halwa, Fireworks and other such non-sense.
3) Farz Salah is of much greater importance than any Nafl Prayer. Therefore make sure that we do not stay up so late that we end up missing the Fajr Salah.
Following are the types of people who, according to hadith, will not be forgiven even on the blessed night of Shab e Barat (if they do not repent).
However, if someone repents from these sins, then Allah(SWT) is all merciful and will surely forgive him.
1) Mushrik (those who associate partners with Allah).
2) The one who cuts off the ties of kinship (qata’ rehmi).
3) The one who covers his ankles with pants, shalwar or any other garment coming from the top (for men only)
4) The one who is disobedient towards his parents
5) The one who drinks Alcohol
6) The one who kills an innocent Muslim.
7) The one who keeps Keena (enmity) or nourishes malice in his heart for other Muslims.
Note: Sunnah is to do Istikhara yourself. We do not perform Istikhara for others.
Listen to a detailed Audio Lecture on the Sunnah of Istikhaara,
Istikhara ki Haqeeqat by Hazrat Maulana Mehboob Elahi Sahab Db
The Sunnah of Istikharah
Rasulullah () once remarked to Anas () “O Anas! When you are undecided with regards to any matter, then seek counsel from your Rabb and do this seven times. Thereafter, whatever decision prevails in your heart regard it to be beneficial.” (Shaami-Vol.1, pg. 507)
Note: It is not necessary that one sees a dream or hears a voice. Asking another person to make Istikhaarah on one’s behalf is not substantiated from any hadith. To make Mashwarah (consultation) with someone else is Sunnat.
It has been mentioned in the hadith that whomsoever makes Mashwarah will never regret and whomsoever makes Istikhaarah will never be unsuccessful.
If one does not get the opportunity to perform Salaatul Istikhaarah and needs to make Istikhaarah urgently, then reciting the dua of Istikhaarah only will suffice. If one has not learnt the dua of Istikhaarah then one should recite this concise dua:
Detailed Dua of Istikhara
Trans: O Allah, I ask you of good through Your knowledge, and ability through Your power, and beg (Your favour) out of your infinite bounty. For surely You have power, I have none. You know all, I know not. You are the great knower of all unseen things.
O Allah, if in Your knowledge this matter is good for my faith, for my livelihood, and for the consequences of my affairs then ordain it for me and make it easy for me and bless me there in. But, if in Your knowledge this matter is bad for my faith, for my livelihood, and for the consequences of my affairs, then turn it away from me, and turn me away from it and ordain for me the good wherever it be, and cause me to be pleased therewith.
After having recited this dua, adopt that aspect towards which the heart is inclined.
Ashaar of Hazrat Khwaja Azizul Hassan Majzoob R.A (Khalifa of Hazrat Maulana Ashraf Ali Thanvi R.A) read by Hazrat e Aqdas Maulana Mehboob Elahi Sahab Db.
These Ashaar of filled with the love and zikr of Allah(SWT) and the beautiful voice of Hazrat Shaykh Db makes them even more heart touching.
Majlis e Zikr(06-Feb-2011) by Hazrat e Aqdas Maulana Mehboob Elahi Sahab Db has been added to NooreSunnat.com
Date: Sunday 1432 – 03 Rabiyul Awwal – 06-Feb-2011